Revenge of the Kongs Revenge of the Kongs

What the hell did I just witness?

God, I'm so tired of sprite movies where stuff happens to characters that would never happen in the series. And this one really takes the cake. First of all, you're obviously trying for the same dramatic story that Rise Of The Mushroom Kingdom used, and that wasn't that great of a movie to begin with. Main character gets killed, sidekicks seek revenge, and half of them get killed in the process. How original! You also have no sense of timing. Almost every scene was dragged out far too long, and to be honest, it made the entire movie very boring and a pain to watch. There was barely even a full plot here. It started out decent as far as a storyline goes, but then people just start fighting and dying, and there wasn't even an ending. Nothing was resolved. Even if there's supposed to be a sequel to something, there's still some kind of resolution or implication to what happens next. This lacked almost every basic structure of storytelling, not to mention the cloaked person had no reason to be there, except to mindlessly kill two of the characters. He had no other major effect and it was easy to tell you had no idea what to do with him. And if I may make another point, the vocal work was utterly terrible. Horrendous, if I may. All of it was whispered. It was quite apparent you were trying to do it without your parents hearing you or something to that effect. If it weren't for the theatrical music, I'd give sound a flat zero. Overall, this movie had absolutely nothing right with it. Not a single thing. It doesn't fit the Donkey Kong universe at all, and it's just such a played out story. The only reason some people like this is because they're fans of the characters and are too afraid to pull their heads out of their asses and look at the actual production values.

I gotta stop watching sprite movies, they just make me sick.

Sprite Diapers Sprite Diapers

A thinking human on Newgrounds!

Finally. This needed to be done. I loved it, it's just a perfect satire of all sprite movies submitted here to NG, or anywhere on the web really. They take no effort and yet they're some of the most popular movies out there. No one's original anymore, and it's sad. The fact that this is rated as less than a 3 amazes me further. That shows that very few people out there actually get this. Sad, really. Either way, I support you and this movie. Nice work.

Blordow responds:

i am so smat i am so smat

s.m.a.t i mean s.m.a.r.t

doh

cool man

eat my shorts

doh

World 2-4 Retaliation World 2-4 Retaliation

Sprite movies should not be rated this high

It was okay. The entire fight was excellent and well choreographed, but I'm just so tired of sprites. Can no one actually draw Mario? They're just so overused and an excuse to animate without having to draw. Also, why are there so many movies that use the original SMB sprites, but Luigi is brown and white instead of green and white? It's like the people never played the original game but remember seeing screenshots of him with white. And what is with all the drama in Mario flashes? It seems like someone dies in every one nowadays. Whatever. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie and the plot was overall a very interesting one. But sprites are for games.

Ignorance is Bliss Ignorance is Bliss

A Deserving Daily 1st

Excellent video, the visuals were great, and it was very entertaining. I love your drawing style and the characters transitioned well into it. I also had forgotten that song existed until seeing this; another reason I'm glad I watched!

The NU adventures The NU adventures

Excellent animation style

The quality of your animation in this is amazing. Very clean and professional looking, and the quality is just some of the highest I've seen. It wasn't a funny submission, but not everything needs to be funny; this did just fine without humor, not to mention words, hah. I'll add this to my favorites.

Video Gamerz -Episode 1- Video Gamerz -Episode 1-

Why is this rated so high?

It's not really bad, but it's mediocre. And I can't figure out for the life of me why this is doing so well. Oh, right, video game references, I'm sorry. And you spelled "gamers" with a Z, that's always cool. Seriously though. You have knowledge of animation and flash, but it could use some touching up. It's not bad though. The voice acting was decent, but far too quiet. But the overall idea. Come on. Going from the real world to the world of video games? It's been done countless times. You should work on your skills and come up with something more original in my opinion. But still. The score boggles me.

Scott-Falco responds:

Name something that goes into FF7 ;)

Marios Mushrooms Marios Mushrooms

Someone actually drew Mario

Pretty good, glad to see someone actually draw Mario rather than using a sprite of him. The only thing was the animation was a bit choppy. Pretty cool though.

return 0f teh grim return 0f teh grim

Not too bad

I have to admit, I was afriad to view this with all the Leet in the title and description. But it really wasn't bad. It was short, but still good. Kind of funny, but I didn't laugh; just a bit of a chuckle. Overall, it was good. Dropping the Leet might draw more people in though...
Just sayin'...

Pizza Guys 2 Pizza Guys 2

Not Too Shabby

Hey, Zonzo. It's Nar from the Keen Forums. Been waiting for something from you and I just happened to be here.
I have to say, I really liked this. It was very high quality, which we're starting to see less and less of (not that I'm one to talk). it was pretty funny, had good voice work, and great artwork. The only thing I would say about the art is that it really reminded me a lot of The Venture Bros. art style. I could see Hank and Dean in the two main characters' faces. You may want to adjust that just a tad. Otherwise, I thought it was good!

zonzo responds:

Thanks Nar. I guess I can see the resemblance to Venture Bros, but I think it's just the use of a combination of realistic art and cartoonish art. I kind of found the style with a drawing tutorial. But who knows, I love the venture bros so much I might have taken their style somewhat.

Wink: Insatiable Appetite Wink: Insatiable Appetite

Very cool!

Wow, I really enjoyed this. Interesting and funny concept, cool characters, and very nice animation. I like the game in the beginning as well, that's always a good thing!